Tuesday 16 October 2012


As my Portrait is about smoking, the effects of smoking and the way smoking looks to others for iv'e been thinking of different ways in which to portray this within my work.  I've also been looking in a range of different styles of advertising mostly aimed to discourage people from the act of smoking to help influence my own work. One in which i found in particular to be very interesting was "The hanging man" by the advertising company Mercury 360 and the photographer Ola bell. I love surreal and controversial photographs like this and would love to somehow incorporate or even rework this type of photography into my own work. I think  not only the way in which the man is portrayed to be hanging without a noose to be seen along with the dark and almost tungsten colour effect topped with the slogan "Its called suicide because its your choice." referencing the choice that every smoker takes on a daily basis to that of someone purposely taking there own life not only creates a dark and intising image but also something which is very shocking and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment