Monday 8 October 2012

Portrait

I've been looking more closely into the idea of using smoking as the main subject within my work, mainly because i find the whole process of addiction and drugs alongside the effects it can have on the human body to be something very interesting to capture. I also wanted to incorporate some of the recent skills learnt such as slow shutter and depth of field. My overall outcome for this project would be to create a piece of work which highlights certain effects that smoking has on people either long term or short term. Due to the decision of choosing portraiture this will be primarily something relating to the the facial area for example yellow teeth, bad breath or pale skin. 









The photos taken above were of my flatmate, i decided to take photographs of him smoking to experiment with different types of effects. I really liked how i captured the movement of the smoke in these photos as i feel it somehow shows the relationship between the cigarettes and the person smoking them almost showing the passage from entering to exiting the lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment