Friday 5 October 2012

Depth of field Assignment 1

For this assignment we were set 4 tasks which asked us to experiment with using different aperture settings on a camera. This involved us creating images which demonstrated our understanding of how to produce such photos for example having a foreground image in focus while having the background blurred which was to be reversed. 







 Personally i found this to be a difficult task mainly based on the fact that i have rarely used the aperture and manual settings on my camera before. I found that i had to experiment with a range of different objects and backgrounds before choosing the one shown above, as i had to ensure that what was chosen would show the effects of the changing of aperture clearly and evenly. I also struggled with recapturing the image to the exact positions which can be seen within my work where some images slow slight movement changes, in this case the glass jar. If i was to do this again i would use a tripod and would change my environment to either outdoor or somewhere such as a corridor where you can see a clear change in distance and aperture settings between the objects.

Overall i did like this assignment as i feel that it has made me more aware of the settings on my camera as well as feeling more confident about using aperture settings in my future works.



No comments:

Post a Comment